Also included in
- Take your students on a journey into characterization as they explore the fantasy world of Garlok the Terrible in this five story bundle. Each story features a specific reading comprehension skill, with an overall focus on characterization. Each product in this bundle includes:•A “Legends of Garlok”$12.99$15.96Save $2.97
- Deepen your students' reading comprehension with TEN different stories featuring ten skills in Garlok the Terrible's fun fantasy world! There's nothing like good characters and interesting plot lines to generate authentic interest and conversation! Help your students practice describing characters a$24.99$35.91Save $10.92
Help students describe a character using the author's written descriptions as well as the author's strategy "show not tell." Students will use character traits such as words, thoughts, actions, interactions with others, etc. and the setting to draw conclusions in the fantasy world of Garlok the Terrible.
Story Synopsis: Garlok fancies himself the terror of the countryside, but what's a magnificent dragon to do when he finds himself all alone in his mountain fortress?
This product is a PDF file which includes:
- Title Page
- 1-page teacher guide for story implementation in the classroom
- 3-page fantasy story-The Legends of Garlok: Vacation Property
- Guiding questions for authentic student conversation
- 1 student response page and accompanying answer key
- Thank-you page with copyright information
Can I use this product digitally?
Yes! TPT has formatted their website to allow you to assign a digital version of the product to your students in Google Classroom. Click on the red "Create Digital Activity" on the upper right in this window and you will see a digital version already prepared for you and ready to go! You can make changes to it if you would like. For more details, read TPT's explanation here.
To read more Garlok legends, see:
•The Legends of Garlok: Toothless (Focus: Compare and Contrast Characters)-It's showtime for Garlok- a hero has finally arrived! But things don't go quite according to plan, for either of them!
•The Legends of Garlok: The Tallest Tower (Focus: Analyzing Characters)-Garlok’s tallest tower is his pride and joy, but it’s been empty for years. What happens when he finds himself with a handful of uninvited guests?
•The Legends of Garlok: Fire, Fire Burning Blight (Focus: Making Predictions)-The time has come for Garlok to terrorize once more! But he’s in for a surprise when he reaches his target!
•The Legends of Garlok: Birds of a Feather (Focus: Expanding Vocabulary)-Sometimes a dragon needs some time alone. Garlok flies off in search of some and winds up getting the opposite in a most unexpected way.
•The Legends of Garlok: Dragon Wanted (Focus: Plot Twist)-Garlok encounters a mystery when he finds a "Dragon Wanted" notice posted in the forest. Who out there would be seeking his amazing skills?
•The Legends of Garlok: Hot Air (Focus: Elements of Plot)-Garlok is off to a dragon reunion where he reunites with old friends and old adversaries. When tensions from the past are brought back to the present, Garlok steps in to help settle things once and for all.
•The Legends of Garlok: Safety First (Focus: Character Motivation)-Garlok spots a strange building by a river. After a short investigation, he decides to burn it down. Is he caught up in being a dragon menace, or is there more to his motivation than it seems?
•The Legends of Garlok: Stolen Thunder (Focus: Character Traits)-Garlok prepares to pay a local festival a surprise visit, but finds another group has beaten him to it.
•The Legends of Garlok: Good Sport (Focus: Metacognition)-Garlok prepares for a march against his mountain fortress, but circumstances aren't what they first appear.
Feel free to contact us with questions. Click to follow us for the latest story releases. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and earns you free TPT points toward future purchases!