PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Bring your lessons on properties of matter to life with vibrant photos! Reinforce describing texture of objects and recognizing properties objects have in common.
★See preview to see visuals of activities!★
1) Photo sort: Students sort photographs of different sports balls and come up with words to describe the different textures.
2) Texture Hunt: To reinforce words to describe texture, students hunt for object that are rough, smooth, soft or hard in the classroom or playground.
3) QR Code or "Around the Room" activity: QR codes are linked to photographs for students to describe and record their texture. The same photographs are also in a printable format to easily print and tape around the room.
4) Property Sort: "What property are the objects grouped by?" Students analyze each task card with a collection of images and decide what property they all have in common (size, shape, color or texture). 20 cards included!
5) Independent Sort - Printable to assess mastery! Similar to the property sort, students decide what property the pictures have in common.
This pack focuses on describing/distinguishing textures and analyzing the properties of objects. This works perfect for my 1st grades at the end of our properties of matter unit. :)
Buying this product gives you ONE license (only one person can use). If you're buying for you and your team, simply add additional licenses when you check out for 50% off a piece! Thank you!
Click here to follow my TpT store and catch all new products at 50% off for the first 24-48 hours!
Let's connect! Follow me on social media for deals, new products and freebies!