Bring your lessons on properties of matter to life with vibrant photos! Reinforce describing texture of objects and recognizing properties objects have in common.
★See preview to see visuals of activities!★
1) Photo sort: Students sort photographs of different sports balls and come up with words to describe the different textures.
2) Texture Hunt: To reinforce words to describe texture, students hunt for object that are rough, smooth, soft or hard in the classroom or playground.
3) QR Code or "Around the Room" activity: QR codes are linked to photographs for students to describe and record their texture. The same photographs are also in a printable format to easily print and tape around the room.
4) Property Sort: "What property are the objects grouped by?" Students analyze each task card with a collection of images and decide what property they all have in common (size, shape, color or texture). 20 cards included!
5) Independent Sort - Printable to assess mastery! Similar to the property sort, students decide what property the pictures have in common.
This pack focuses on describing/distinguishing textures and analyzing the properties of objects. This works perfect for my 1st grades at the end of our properties of matter unit. :)
Interested in seeing more QR Code Hunts?! Click the links! Also, see the QR Code Hunts in the Custom Categories in my store!
>>> Math QR Code Hunts BUNDLE
Sources of Water
Spelling CVC Words - Freebie!