Describing Words: Adjectives for Pre-K/Kdg. Speech & Language
This is a 112-page download for pre-k/kdg students working on improving the use of adjectives. It is also appropriate for early grades (1st, 2nd) as a reminder to use more colorful language in their writing.
• Pages 4-11: Describing Words, People, Places, or Things: 8 Mats – Category, Function, Color, Size/Shape, Location, Parts, Texture, Feelings
• Pages 12-13: “Can You Describe an Object?” Song: This song introduces students to the concept of how to describe an object. Visual cues are provided for the following adjectives: big, long, round, square, tall, fluffy, flat, sharp, small, tired, crazy, hard, lazy.
• Pages 14-15: Comprehension Builder & Definition Builder: 10 strategies to build comprehension of adjectives and 10 strategies to build definition skills when using adjectives.
• Pages 16: Describing Tools: Describing Tools Symbols for young learners include the following: Category, Function, Size, Shape, Color, Parts, Location, Texture.
• Pages 17-20: Size: Shutterstock images illustrating Size (big/small, tall/short).
• Pages 21-32: Shape: Shutterstock images illustrating Shape (round/square, straight/crooked, curved, thick/thin, narrow/wide, thick/thin, fat/skinny, chubby/thin, flat).
• Pages 33-50: Appearance: Shutterstock images illustrating Appearance (clean/dirty, old/new, long/short, comfortable/uncomfortable, fluffy, soft/hard, broken/fixed, elegant/plain).
• Pages 51-62: Colors: Shutterstock images illustrating Colors (red, yellow, orange, green, blue, pink, purple, brown, black, gray, white).
• Pages 63-76: Feelings: Shutterstock images illustrating Feelings (happy, sad, tired, angry, sick, worried, scared, bored, nervous, excited, surprised, crazy, lazy).
• Pages 77-99: Quantity: Shutterstock images illustrating Quantity (empty/full, few/many, heavy/light, all/none, most/least, one/some, more/less, most, same/different, whole/half, part).
• Pages 100-104: Time: Shutterstock images illustrating Time (fast/slow, young/old).
• Pages 105-111: Texture/Touch: Shutterstock images illustrating Texture/Touch (rough/smooth, hot/cold, wet/dry).
This document was created using Smarty Symbols. Smarty Symbols is a registered Trademark of Smarty Ears, 2013. All rights reserved to Smarty Ears.