Description - Text Structure Task Cards - Print and Easel Versions
- Easel Activity
Also included in
- This Descriptive Text Structure Package includes two resources for teaching the text structure of description - the set of Description Task Cards, and the Description Slide Presentation.The PowerPoint presentation explains the concept and includes examples and student practice slides. There is alsoPrice $6.30Original Price $7.00Save $0.70
- This package of text structure task cards includes five sets - for five major text structures: cause and effect, chronological order, compare and contrast, problem and solution, and description. Each set contains thirty large cards with a variety of activities designed for middle school and upper elPrice $16.88Original Price $18.75Save $1.87
- This big Text Structure Bundle includes ten resources - two resources each for five text structures. There are five set of task cards and five PowerPoint presentations. The five structures are: Cause and EffectChronological OrderCause and EffectProblem and SolutionDescriptionIn addition to an explPrice $31.50Original Price $35.00Save $3.50
- Reading Task Card Sets for story elements, text structures, and various close reading or comprehension skills, plus seasonal themed sets. Seventeen sets of task cards with 30 cards per set for the review and practice that students need. Here is what is included: Story ElementsCharacterization KidsPrice $57.38Original Price $63.75Save $6.37
With these Description Task Cards, students learn to really understand the descriptive text structure using a variety of activities for plenty of practice on this essential reading comprehension skill.
With the task cards, students practice identifying this text structure using descriptive elements such as details, characteristics, features, imagery, and examples as well as key words. The activities on the cards include:
- identifying what is being described
- identifying sensory details
- locating descriptive words
- completing a graphic organizer
- drawing an illustration
- writing description
These task cards are designed specifically for middle school and upper elementary kids. The cards are large – two cards per page and have more content per card than many of the smaller task cards – perfect for older kids who can handle more than one quick question per card.
Included with this set is a blank answer sheet for students to fill in their answers.
Task cards are great for whole class games or activities like centers, stations, or partner work. Individual cards can also be selected for review work as needed. With thirty cards including a variety of activities, they should work well with kids at a range of ability and skill levels. Included in this resource is a list of suggestions for ways to use task cards and a list of suggestions for easy differentiation with task cards.
These task cards support the Common Core standards for reading informational text, identifying text structures, using text-based evidence, and reading proficiently with understanding.
This set of task cards have content and graphics designed for middle school and upper elementary students.
The Easel Activity is a digital version that is ready to use with one card per slide. It is ready for student use with answer boxes and directions already in place.
For the Google Slides version, see Description – Text Structure Task Cards and Google Slides.
This task card set is also available in a package with a descriptive text structure slide presentation.
For more language arts and reading task cards, including sets for each text structure and each story element, see: Task Cards.
From Classroom in the Middle