Descriptive vocabulary instruction just got more engaging! Your students will love working as Descriptive Detectives identifying Tier 1 and Tier 2 vocabulary words, describing words by feature/class/function and searching for more information about their subject.
This activity was originally created for primary grades but is now expanded to include activities for older elementary aged students as well.
⭐This newly updated download includes:⭐
•Full page visual supports for key descriptive elements
•24 color pictures of common, early nouns
•8 task cards with a description and QR code to reveal the described object
•5 no prep, black and white worksheets for students to complete with visual maps to describe pictured words. These files are in landscape, perfect for opening on the interactive white board.
Later elementary vocabulary: (Recently added)
•20 full page black and white worksheets or CASE FILES, numbered with corresponding vocabulary list
--Each page has a different QR code to scan that reveals a new subject to study
•20 full color photographs of objects studied to be used in naming, progress monitoring and more.
This printable activity was developed by a Speech-Language Pathologist who has used this activity with Pre-K through elementary aged students. It can be used in a variety of ways, in mixed groups, to target multiple skills.
Other activities that are great for mixed groups:
• /S,R,L/ Blends Lottery
• /S/ Blends I have Who has
• BINGO: Present Tense Verb Endings
• Bug Themed Language Activities for Speech Therapy
• Categories Dominoes
• No Prep Pirate Themed Speech and Language Book Companion
• RTI/A Speech & Language Companion: Gilbert Goldfish Wants a Pet
• RTI/Speech & Language Companion to Oliver Jeffers: LOST and FOUND
• RTI/Speech and Language Companion: The Little White Owl
• Regular Plurals I have Who has: Seasonal Bundle