This is always a favorite activity for my students. They love creating their unique monsters! It’s a fun opportunity for them to get crafty, while also showing off their descriptive writing skills! The purpose of this writing activity is for students to create a monster and write a paper that uses descriptive words and imagery to describe their monsters.
This product includes:
- Descriptive Words Page – Great for brainstorming descriptive words together as a class or in small groups.
- Planning Pages (2) – One page is divided into 3 paragraphs with questions to help student think of ideas. The other is more general, with a beginning, middle, and end.
- Rough Draft Pages (3 Options) – Lined pages for both lower and upper elementary students. These pages do not have borders. This allows more room for comments when editing.
- Final Copy Pages (3 Options) – Lined pages for both lower and upper elementary students. These pages feature a decorative border.
- Editing Checklist
- Writing Rubric – More details in product preview
- Comment Page – Provides more room to leave constructive feedback
- Monster Craft Directions
- Monster Parts – These pages include eyes, mouth, nose, extras, arms & legs (templates), and the body(templates). All pages, except for the bodies, can be printed and cut into half pages. The body, arms & legs are meant to be used as a template to trace onto construction paper.
** Please view the preview and read product description carefully before purchasing. Thank you! **