This assignment can be used as a daily writing assignment or a homework assignment. It is short in nature to keep students on topic and going out on a limb to use words that they would not ordinarily use while writing. It gives students the tools needed at their fingertips to write an interesting, complete sentence and stay on topic! Students can start out writing one sentence and then branch out to multiple sentences...all on topic...due to the nature of the word bank!
1. Students pick out a picture and paste into their journal.
2. Students write a few words describing the picture.
3. Teacher/adult corrects words if needed.
4. Student writes a descriptive sentence.
5. Teacher/adult corrects and rewrites.
6. Student copies corrected sentence.