Help your students improve their writing dramatically with strategic writing exercises that get them to think about writing with strong verbs, adjectives, and adverbs. This descriptive writing mini-unit will help your students step-by-step with an editable PowerPoint and captivating visual images.
There are two different files in the zipped download.
- An editable, 45 slide PowerPoint
- A PDF document with supplementary materials.
The multi-day PowerPoint shows students through direct instruction and multiple guided practices how to write descriptively. The PowerPoint teaches about adjectives, adverbs, strong verbs, figurative language, imagery, and more.
Download the preview for a FREE activity from this mini-unit!
★★Check out my Descriptive Writing Unit Combo Lesson★★
SMARTePlans Descriptive Writing Activities Unit (Digital Google & Traditional)
This resource is included in three money-saving bundles:
•Secondary English Curriculum: Common Core - Grades 7-10
•Ultimate Writing Bundle for Secondary English
•Ultimate Narrative Writing and Short Story Unit Bundle (Grades 7-12)
The supplementary material includes:
- A two page standards-based unit outline
- Multiple writing activities that focus on figurative language, selecting strong and powerful words, imagery, avoiding dead words, and more
- Flexibility to cater to individual student needs
- Options for color or black and white photos
- A final descriptive writing paragraph assignment
Useful Writing Lessons That Might Interest You:
Ultimate Argument Writing Bundle (Grades 7-12)
Ultimate Research Writing Bundle (Grades 8-12)
Annotating Text Made Easy - CCSS aligned
Grammar Resources for Secondary English Teachers
Ultimate Parts of Speech Bundle
All About Punctuation Bundle
Holiday and Seasonal Grammar Bundle
Helpful Tools and Resources for Secondary English Teachers:
100 Question Editable English Pre-Test/Final Exam with Study Guide
Peer Editing Made Easy (Common Core - ESL - Grades 7-12)
Common Core Writing Rubrics Bundle (Grades 7-12)