Descriptive Writing Mini-Unit: Writing with Strong Verbs, Adjective, and Adverbs
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Narrative Writing/Short Story Unit: This common core aligned bundle is perfect for back to school and it includes everything you need to teach narrative writing, narrative strategies, and short stories to your middle and high school students. This unit focuses on writing better narratives by understPrice $26.00Original Price $36.50Save $10.50
- This writing unit includes 15 of my best writing resources including research paper writing, argument writing, narrative writing, informative writing, and more! This is perfect for the secondary ELA classroom. This writing mega bundle contains all of the writing resources, teaching materials, assignPrice $76.40Original Price $95.50Save $19.10
- This secondary English curriculum includes enough materials for an entire year’s worth of high school and middle school English instruction. This includes resources for reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and more!**These resources are sold as PowerPoint presentations for instruction and securedPrice $239.99Original Price $405.92Save $165.93
- Help your students improve their writing dramatically with strategic writing exercises that get them to think about writing with strong verbs, adjectives, and adverbs. This paperless and traditional descriptive writing mini-unit will help your students step-by-step with an editable PowerPoint and caPrice $9.99Original Price $12.50Save $2.51
- If you are looking for resources for an entire year of middle school ELA or high school English, this secondary ELA curriculum is for you! This English Curriculum includes both traditional print and editable digital files to help you plan your best year yet!This ELA curriculum is ideal for grades 7-Price $349.99Original Price $674.56Save $324.57
Help your students improve their writing dramatically with strategic writing exercises that get them to think about writing with strong verbs, adjectives, and adverbs. This descriptive writing mini-unit will help your students step-by-step with an editable PowerPoint and captivating visual images.
There are two different files in the zipped download.
- An editable, 45 slide PowerPoint
- A PDF document with supplementary materials.
The multi-day PowerPoint shows students through direct instruction and multiple guided practices how to write descriptively. The PowerPoint teaches about adjectives, adverbs, strong verbs, figurative language, imagery, and more.
Download the preview for a FREE activity from this mini-unit!
★★Check out my Descriptive Writing Unit Combo Lesson★★
SMARTePlans Descriptive Writing Activities Unit (Digital Google & Traditional)
This resource is included in three money-saving bundles:
•Secondary English Curriculum: Common Core - Grades 7-10
•Ultimate Writing Bundle for Secondary English
•Ultimate Narrative Writing and Short Story Unit Bundle (Grades 7-12)
The supplementary material includes:
- A two page standards-based unit outline
- Multiple writing activities that focus on figurative language, selecting strong and powerful words, imagery, avoiding dead words, and more
- Flexibility to cater to individual student needs
- Options for color or black and white photos
- A final descriptive writing paragraph assignment
Useful Writing Lessons That Might Interest You:
Ultimate Argument Writing Bundle (Grades 7-12)
Ultimate Research Writing Bundle (Grades 8-12)
Annotating Text Made Easy - CCSS aligned
Grammar Resources for Secondary English Teachers
Ultimate Parts of Speech Bundle
Holiday and Seasonal Grammar Bundle
Helpful Tools and Resources for Secondary English Teachers:
100 Question Editable English Pre-Test/Final Exam with Study Guide
Peer Editing Made Easy (Common Core - ESL - Grades 7-12)