Also included in
- Help your students improve their writing dramatically with strategic writing exercises that get them to think about writing with strong verbs, adjectives, and adverbs. This paperless and traditional descriptive writing mini-unit will help your students step-by-step with an editable PowerPoint and ca$9.99$12.50Save $2.51
- Narrative Writing/Short Story Unit: This common core aligned bundle is perfect for back to school and it includes everything you need to teach narrative writing, narrative strategies, and short stories to your middle and high school students. This unit focuses on writing better narratives by underst$21.99$28.74Save $6.75
- A Secondary ELA Curriculum Bundle that offers both traditional print and Google digital resources for middle school ELA and high school English!Engage your students digitally with this traditional print and Google-based secondary English language arts curriculum bundle. This secondary English resour$349.99$636.83Save $286.84
- This writing unit includes 14 of my best writing resources including research paper writing, argument writing, narrative writing, informative writing, and more! This is perfect for the secondary ELA classroom. This writing mega bundle contains all of the writing resources, teaching materials, assign$69.99$88.97Save $18.98
- This secondary English curriculum includes enough materials for an entire year’s worth of high school and middle school English instruction. This includes resources for reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and more!**These resources are sold as PowerPoint presentations for instruction and secured$239.99$422.63Save $182.64
Help your students improve their writing dramatically with strategic writing exercises that get them to think about writing with strong verbs, adjectives, and adverbs. This descriptive writing mini-unit will help your students step-by-step with an editable PowerPoint and captivating visual images.
There are two different files in the zipped download.
- An editable, 45 slide PowerPoint
- A PDF document with supplementary materials.
The multi-day PowerPoint shows students through direct instruction and multiple guided practices how to write descriptively. The PowerPoint teaches about adjectives, adverbs, strong verbs, figurative language, imagery, and more.
Download the preview for a FREE activity from this mini-unit!
★★Check out my Descriptive Writing Unit Combo Lesson★★
This resource is included in three money-saving bundles:
The supplementary material includes:
- A two page standards-based unit outline
- Multiple writing activities that focus on figurative language, selecting strong and powerful words, imagery, avoiding dead words, and more
- Flexibility to cater to individual student needs
- Options for color or black and white photos
- A final descriptive writing paragraph assignment
Useful Writing Lessons That Might Interest You:
Grammar Resources for Secondary English Teachers
Helpful Tools and Resources for Secondary English Teachers: