Do your kids struggle writing descriptive pieces? This can be especially challenging for struggling or reluctant writers, but this packet can help!
Use these "spider webs" to help your students brainstorm details that relate to all five senses (see, hear, touch, smell, and taste/feel). Helpful teaching tips and mentor text ideas are included to get you started successfully. This packet includes:
- an Anchor Chart in full-color and black & white
- two planning pages- one with sense doodles and the other blank for later practice or for kids to doodle their own
- three instructional pages describing each step of the process
- mini-webs in full-color and black & white to glue into students' journals/notebooks for personal reference
- a simple publishing sheet
- student rubric (smiley faces)
- teacher rubric (4,3,2,1 scale)
Use this resource over and over again for a variety of lessons in writing and the content areas! Great to use with photos, artwork, and more!
This packet aligns with the following 3rd Grade Common Core State Standards:
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.3 Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.3b Use dialogue and descriptions of actions, thoughts, and feelings to develop experiences and events or show the response of characters to situations.
Be sure to check out my blog: 3rd Grade Thoughts
Thanks and enjoy!