Looking for an engaging
task to immerse your students in Descriptive Writing?
This no fuss, low preparation package is exactly what you've been looking for!
This descriptive writing unit of work requires students to use sensory details
, along with figurative language
to vividly describe a particular setting of their choice.
Your students will use the supplied graphic organisers and prompts to work seamlessly through the 5 stages
of the writing process (pre-planning, planning, drafting, revising and publishing).
Teaching Descriptive Writing
has never been easier, and most importantly, your students are going to have a blast!
• Task Description
• Pre-planning - Setting Graphic Organiser
• Planning - Ideas Scaffold
• Sensory Details Graphic Organiser
• Figurative Language Graphic Organiser (metaphor, simile, idiom, alliteration, hyperbole, onomatopoeia, personification)
• Student Self-Assessment Checklist
• Detailed Assessment Rubric
You will also receive editable
versions of the student self-assessment checklist and the assessment rubric so that you can personalise them to meet your classroom's needs.
I have catered for my American
friends by adding a US
version into the zip folder. It includes American language and spelling.
Advance your Literacy program with these other resources…
- VOICES Writing Skill Cards
- Teaching Commas Made Easy
- Literature Circle Tasks
- Information Report Assessment Rubrics
- Deserted Island Descriptive Writing Prompt
- Teaching Capital Letters Made Easy
Stay up to date with the latest product discounts, free products and product launches. Simply click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Visit My Store
A Class Above