Also included in
- In this bundled product, you can get both the “Gather Together- Descriptive Writing Unit” and “Gather Together- Food Critique Unit." Together, you will have two weeks of creative writing lessons to use with your students and they will absolutely love how the writing revolves around the enjoyment of$5.00$6.00Save $1.00
In this mini-writing unit, “Gather Together,” students will review and practice using sensory details within a narrative writing piece. Through a hands-on sensory detail game (where students become “secret tasters” at a restaurant), teacher modeling, and peer discussions, students will explore a memory they have that is tied to a favorite recipe. Using this memory of a special recipe, students will write and publish a descriptive personal anecdote, similar to what one might find on a professional food blog! Students will love becoming “taste testers” and drawing upon memories of their favorite foods!
This unit includes:
- A one week guide for teachers: Contains step by step instructions for conducting the unit
- Student Handouts: Sensory detail observation table, discussion questions, recipe card, a section for brainstorming and rough drafts, sample anecdote, & sample sensory detail revisions
- Sample final copy of published anecdote
- Rubric included for easy grading
Additional resources you might be interested in:
Thank you and happy teaching!
©Read and Write Like It Matters