Desert Animal Adaptations Interactive Notebook for Google Slides®
Also included in
- The Animal Adaptations Bundle contains three interactive digital notebooks designed to support the Next Generation Science Standards for investigations of adaptations in third grade (3LS1.b). Each of the Google Slides digital resources has 17 slides that provide practice for students to research aniPrice $13.80Original Price $17.25Save $3.45
- The Animal Adaptations Super Bundle contains SIX interactive digital notebooks designed to support the Next Generation Science Standards for investigations of adaptations in third grade (3LS1.b). Each of the 6 Google Slides digital resources has 17 slides that provide practice for students to researPrice $27.60Original Price $34.50Save $6.90
The Desert Animal Adaptations Interactive Digital Notebook is designed to support the Next Generation Standards for learning about adaptations in third grade (LS3.A, LS3.B, LS4.C). This Google Slides digital resource with 17 slides provides practice for students to research animal adaptations in the desert biome.
HOW IT WORKS
- Use it as a traditional Interactive Notebook.
- Use it one slide at a time to compliment a specific lesson on adaptation.
- Use it as independent work such as a classroom project or even homework.
- This Interactive Digital Notebook has been paired with Common Core State Standard for English Language Arts for grades 3 - 5 so that you can integrate it with Language Arts.
- All student slides are designed to have students research one particular aspect of adaptation (mostly structural adaptations).
- Additionally, each slide includes 1 HYPERLINK to a trusted, reliable, kid-friendly free site that the students can use for research and information gathering in conjunction with the print resources you provide.
- There is also 1 HYPERLINK to a VIDEO to use for research.
Please make sure your district/school/classroom has access to SafeShare or YouTube.
- Slide 1: Cover Page
- Slide 2: Table of Contents
- Slide 3: Researching and Citing Evidence
- Slide 4: Instructions for Students
- Slide 5: What is an adaptation?
- Slide 6: Exploring the Desert Biome
- Slide 7: Adapting to a Desert Biome
- Slide 8: Body Structures in a Desert Biome: Jackrabbit
- Slide 9: Body Structures in a Desert Biome: Roadrunner
- Slide 10: Body Structures in a Desert Biome: Gila Monster
- Slide 11: Body Structures in a Desert Biome: Camel
- Slide 12: Desert Prey/Predator Adaptations
- Slide 13: Desert Adaptations for Defense
- Slide 14: Avoiding Heat and Cold
- Slide 15: Desert Camouflage
- Slide 16: Which animal is better adapted?
- Slide 17: Expository Essay Writing
Step-by-step, student directions for each slide are included in the Speaker Notes at the bottom of each slide (similar to PowerPoint Presenter Notes).
This interactive digital notebook is a great way for students to conduct short research topics while working on content and ELA standards.
Culminating research includes writing:
- an informative essay in which the student picks a desert animal and writes a 3 - 5 paragraph essay on that animal and its adaptations for living in a desert biome.
Some other unique features of this Interactive Digital Notebook
- Table of Contents has links to each slide for easy navigation and return navigation
- HYPERLINKS to websites on the page for easy access
- Video Links use Safeshare.tv for safe viewing from YouTube
- Answer Key included
- Scoring Guide included
- List of Common Core State Standards for ELA pairings by grade level
- Tutorial for the teacher on how to assign the Interactive Digital Notebook in Google Classroom
- Teacher Tips for using Google Slides
- All student instructions are in the SPEAKER NOTES
- PDF file for the teacher of all the slides for reference
- PDF file for the teacher of the slides and SPEAKER NOTES
- There is a PRINTABLE for the student on which to take notes by hand
WHY TEACH USING GOOGLE APPS?
- Though many tasks can be done with paper and pencil, doing the same task through Google Apps can present greater opportunities for student learning.
- Google Slides can embed links to useful videos.
- Google Slides can enhance understanding with color diagrams, pictures, and photographs
- animation can also be embedded and used to demonstrate a concept.
- Most importantly, students use 21st-century learning tools that will prepare them for eventual online standardized testing.
TEACHERS, LIKE YOU, SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Sarah Norris says, "My favourite item I have ever purchased on TPT! Thank you."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Kylie Hirst says, "My students love being able to put together their desert project slides using their Chromebooks!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Veronica E. says, "This resource is very well put together. I am very impressed. My students are enjoying putting their research together. I HIGHLY recommend this. This is truly one of the best purchases I have made on TPT!"
Copyright © Two Boys and a Dad Productions
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Permission to use on secure digital learning management system platforms (such as Google Classroom, Teams, Canva, etc.)
Comments, suggestions, feedback, and questions are always welcomed!
♦ Be sure to FOLLOW ME for updates and new product announcements!
♦ Do you need some fresh ideas and tips? Then visit My BLOG.
♦ Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly!
♦ If you have any questions or concerns, contact me through the Q & A, and I'll get back to you ASAP!