This is a set of 10 week long guided reading lesson/research on desert animals. For each animal, there is a guide to 4 day lessons. It can be great for guided reading, animal research project or even homework.
In this pack, you will find:
- 10 books about 10 different desert animals
For each animal, you will get:
- Introduction/cover page of the animal, which includes its lifespan
- Animal drawing page for free draw or directed drawing of the animal
- KWL chart for writing down what students know, wonder, and learned about the animal
- 3 differentiated reading passages ideal for K-2 students
- Graphic organizer for writing down 3 facts about the animal
- Quiz page where students answer questions by underlining the matching sentence in the article and writing a complete sentence
Day 1: Introduce the animal and its life span. Have students draw a picture of the animal. Complete KWL chart.
Day 2: Read the article. Record time for fluency, if needed.
Day 3: Reread article and complete the graphic organizer.
Day 4: Reread article and take the quiz.
These are the 10 desert animals that are included in this pack:
3. Fennec Fox
4. Bighorn Sheep
7. Antelope Squirrel
8. Kangaroo Rat
9. Kit Fox
10. Desert Cottontail
Click on the link below to download a preview of this product:
Animal Research Giraffe FREEBIE
Ocean Animal Research