Also included in
- This six-pack bundles Biomimicry Discovery Cards from all terrestrial biomes--tundra, taiga, temperate forest, grasslands, desert and tropical rainforests. Students discover innovations inspired nature in the form of origami riddle cards (six cards per set). Buy the kits in bulk here to save! Each$21.60$24.00Save $2.40
- This eight-pack bundles Biomimicry Discovery Cards from all eight biomes--tundra, taiga, temperate forest, grasslands, desert, tropical rainforests, freshwater and marine water. Students discover innovations inspired by nature in the form of origami riddle cards (six cards per set). Buy the kits in$25.60$32.00Save $6.40
- Expand Trait Mountain Lesson 3 (aligned to NGSS 1-LS1-1). The original lesson includes 6 Biomimicry Discovery Cards from the Temperate Forest biome of Trait Mountain. This expansion bundles an additional 42 Biomimicry Discovery Cards from 7 additional biomes to SAVE!!★★ View myBiomimicry Discovery C$34.19$37.99Save $3.80
- This bundle is my best value for NGSS first grade. It contains an five immersive lesson plans aligned to the Next Generation Science Standard for first grade--plus all eight of my Biomimicry Discovery Cards (48 cards/8 biomes).ABOUT THE BIOMIMICRY DISCOVERY CARD KIT EXPANSION:Expand Trait Mountain$64.76$80.95Save $16.19
The desert biome inspires biomimicry innovation--or copying nature. Six origami riddle cards unfold to reveal six real-world innovations inspired by adaptations in arid desert climates.
It's an extension of the six Biomimicry Discovery Cards featured in my Trait Mountain STEM Lesson Plans--plus two additional computer interactives and the My Biomimicry Discovery Card template.
★★ View myBiomimicry Discovery Cards Demo for a peek at what's inside. ★★
★★ View my Biomimicry Discovery Cards Assembly Tutorial to learn how to assemble the cards. ★★
The kit includes these six infinite origami cards based on inventions inspired by desert biomes:
✿ Desert Beetles and Water Bottles
✿ Cartwheeling Spiders and Rough-Terrain Robots
✿ Locusts and Anti-Collision Systems
✿ Saguaro Cacti and Architecture
✿ Termites and Office Buildings
✿ Tumbleweed and Desert Robots
✿ 6 PDF biomimicry card templates
✿ 1 biomimicry backstories computer interactive (and link to online version)
✿ 1 What Am I? Game computer interactive (and link to online version)
✿ PDF downloads
✿ Links to my Biomimicry Discovery Card YouTube tutorials and
✿ BONUS: My Biomimicry Discovery Card template and tutorial link (for students to make their own Biomimicry Discovery Card)
To create these templates you just need:
• a color printer
• paper cutter or exacto knife and sharp edge
• hot glue gun
MORE BIOMIMICRY DISCOVERY CARD BIOMES:
OTHER DISCOVERY CARDS SERIES
★ ★ Inspire students with the potential of copying nature with Biomimicry Discovery Cards! ★ ★
★ Follow me! Click the star (★) beneath my STEM Roots store name above to be the first to know about freebies, new product listings and more!
All projects are aligned to Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). See preview file for lesson overview and standards alignment.
Keywords: biomimicry, inventions, origami, STEAM, STEM, NGSS 1-LS3-1, NGSS 1.LS3.1, NGSS 1-LS1-2, NGSS 1.LS1.2, NGSS 1-LS1-1, NGSS 1.LS1.1. desert, arid, sahara, sonoran, namibia, jordan,, morroco, engineering