Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
15.94 MB | 114 pages
This has been a project several months in the making! I recently attended a GLAD (Guided Language Acquisition Design) workshop and it inspired me to create this desert unit for my 2nd graders.
This was a month-long unit of study for my class and it concluded in a formal research report and class mural. The kids LOVED learning about the desert and it was my favorite part of the day!
It also covers Next Generation Science Standard 2-LS4-1: make observations of plants and animals to compare the diversity of life in different habitats.
This HUGE unit includes the following:
* Photos/Words/Labels to create your very own desert big book
* Visual directions showing how the unit unfolds
* Photos and ideas for GLAD-inspired anchor charts, resources, and activities used in the unit
* A 25-page student "mini book" with activities, pictures and the words from the big book
* 45 Word wall cards with pictures
* Mini word-wall card for writing center/individual use
* Graphic organizer for animal reports
* Pictures/text to create a GLAD narrative chart