This nonfiction desert unit is perfect for small group, close reading and nonfiction skills. The text passages are written at two different levels (one is a little easier). There are comprehension sheets for each animal, as well as fact sorts and writing organizers. My nonfiction units are perfect for when you don't need a huge unit on a certain topic.
- Fact Cards: - 6 full page sheets and 6 half-page cards (The half-page cards do not contain all the details that the full size sheets do.)
- 6 printable Question Cards and a Recording sheet
- Response sheets for each animal fact sheet (They work best with the details on the full-size sheet, but can be adapted to use the half-sheets)
- Can/Have Are response sheet
- True/False fact sort
- graphic organizers for desert animal adaptations
- Writing Plan Sheets and paper – 2 versions
Be sure to check out the preview to get a better idea of what is included.
This resource is part of my
Habitats Bundle: Woodlands, Desert, Rainforest and Ocean
Thanks for stopping by! ~ Lisa, Second Grade Stories
Looking for more nonfiction units? Click HERE
to see them all!
Nonfiction min-units include:
Endangered Animals nonfiction
All About Insects
All About Frogs
All About Ladybugs
All About Rabbits
..... and more!