Do you want to travel to the desert and learn all about the desert habitat with the book Deserts by Gail Gibbons? This cross-curricular reading unit is intended for use with the informational text Deserts by Gail Gibbons, and can be integrated with a science unit on deserts and/or habitats. The unit contains Common Core based questions for every chapter as well as space for students to record answers.
This unit includes:
* Common Core Standards printed on every page of the unit
* Six days of open ended questions for students to complete
* Two open ended questions for each day's reading
* Ten vocabulary words with student-friendly definitions, vocabulary practice pages, synonym matching, a vocabulary crossword and a vocabulary matching quiz
* Venn diagram to compare and contrast the student's home environment with the desert environment
* Two writing assignments: Comparing and contrasting two environments, and a letter to a friend or family member from the desert.
If you like this product, please follow my store and check out my other Common Core Reading units!
You may also like:
Boy Were We Wrong About Dinosaurs Common Core Reading Unit