Also included in
- Are you looking for open-ended homeschool or classroom experiential learning activity resources for any and all subjects or targets? Or maybe you're interested in adding experiential learning activities to your classroom or homeschool curriculum but aren't sure how to facilitate it, don't have time$44.00$55.00Save $11.00
- Resource Description: This bundle includes four student-directed learning tool kits: Scientific open inquiryProject-based learningProblem-based learning, Maker projectsService-learning.Each tool kit includes all guiding materials needed to get through each type of student-directed learning activity$27.20$34.00Save $6.80
- Teaching 21st-century skills doesn't have to be an extra task. What if your students could learn content and develop 21st century skills at the same time without you having to overthink it or over plan? This resource is a bundle of 21st century skills learning activity tool kits that organically inc$39.20$49.00Save $9.80
This design thinking maker project for high school students tool kit provides all of the guiding materials that students need for self-directed maker projects following the phases of design thinking.
For this maker activity, students will observe their surroundings and note everyday obstacles and challenges, and engage with an authentic audience (can do this virtually) to identify common problems, concerns, and/or frustrations. Students will design and create an innovative product that acts as a solution to the defined problem.
Students will make mistakes, problem-solve, modify their product, and continue on this cycle until they have made something that effectively solves the problem and positively impacts the community. The materials included in this tool kit guide students through this process, independently, from start to finish.
Design thinking maker activities promote higher-order thinking, problem-solving, critical thinking, creativity, communication, collaboration, team-work, lifelong learning, and more.
This maker project for high school students is a generic tool kit that applies to and integrates all subjects. It is a student-led experience that can be completely open-ended, giving students the freedom to choose and identify any problem, or it can be assigned a theme such as "problems related to..." This is how you can focus on required standards or targets.
This tool kit includes a printable AND digital version. The digital version is a Google Slides that can be assigned to students via Google Classroom™. There is also a TPT Easel option.
Note: The PDF is not editable. The digital version offers the option to overlay text and images and to remove or delete slides to fit your needs.
The Tool Kit Includes:
- Teacher guide/instructions
- Guiding templates for students
Interested in some free guiding resources?
- Experiential Learning Activity Tools Free Mini-Bundle - This mini-bundle includes an implementation spreadsheet for projects like this.
If you like this resource, check out these student-directed tool kits:
- Personalized Project-Based Learning Bundle
- Community Action Projects Tool Kit
- 21st-Century Skills Portfolio
Take a look at these blog posts for guidance using this resource:
Interested in new resource alerts, freebies, tips, tricks, and more?
- Click the green star to get email notifications about updates, new resources, sales, and freebies.
- Join my newsletter.
- Find me on my blog – Experiential Learning Depot
- Let's get social! Experiential Learning Depot on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.
Earn TPT Credits:
Follow Experiential Learning Depot and on this product. A sincere thank you for your business. Feel free to contact me through email at any time with questions on this product - firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover Font Credit: Mr. FISK Fonts