Have your sociology students design their own cities during a unit on social change and population. The purpose of this activity is to design a city that fosters community, interaction, and sustainability.
Models can be built tangibly, with blocks, poster board, file folders, etc., or virtually, with Minecraft (if your school has a Minecraft education subscription), City Creator (free, web-based), or let the students devise their own method. Some may choose to simply draw a detailed diagram on a poster.
☑Rubric and Check List (editable)
☑Planning Questions (editable)
☑Design Foldable Graphic Organizer (editable)
☑Gallery Walk Note Sheet
☑Gallery Walk Reflection (editable)
This activity builds on concepts from a sociology unit over Social Change and Population.
1. Each group or individual will brainstorm and design their own cities using the rubric, checklist, and questions.
2. They will use the foldable organizer to sketch, label, and explain their design.
3. They will build a model of their design using one of the suggested methods or one they suggest that is approved by the teacher.
4. On presentation day, students will set up displays “gallery” style.
5. Have students walk around and study each display using the note template to reflect on each city.
This is a part of my
Sociology Complete Curriculum Mega Bundle
Social Change and Population Sociology Interactive Notebook Bundle
★How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases★
♦ Go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a “Provide Feedback” button. Click it and you will go to a page where you can give a rating and leave a comment for the product
★Be the first to hear about my new products and discounts★
♦ Click HERE
to follow my store. You will then receive updates about my store.
❤️Connect with Me!❤️
Get free resources and blog updates HERE
Read my BLOG
for classroom ideas, video tutorials, and cheat sheets.