Design a GMO PBL project
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This bundle includes resources to help you teach genetics! You will find resources for both Mendelian and non-Mendelian inheritance with PowerPoints, worksheets, labs, exit tickets, writing prompts, and more. Click on the previews above to check out each resource before you buy. Be sure to follow myPrice $63.20Original Price $79.00Save $15.80
Want a fun way to end your genetics unit? In this project, students will:
1. Learn about GMOs and genetic engineering
2. Research a GMO that is already in production
3. With a group, design a new GMO that meets a global need
What this product includes:
- This product is 100% editable!
- Teacher planning guide and planning sheets
- Suggestions on GMO and CRISPR lessons
- Optional / supplemental student activities on genetic engineering and CRISPR technology
- Grading rubrics
- Sample projects
What this product does not include:
- This resource does not include everything you need to teach about genetics, genetic engineering, and CRISPR technology. Students should have background knowledge on these topics prior to the project.
-This resource is not a print-and-go resource that you can implement tomorrow. It is a resource that will require some planning on your part before implementation.
- This resource is not for small, out of class projects. True PBL is student driven, inquiry based, multi-disciplinary, problem solving process with a public product.
You might also be interested in:
Project Based Learning Guide for secondary science
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the green "follow me" next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Don't forget to leave feedback to earn TpT credits that can be used for future purchases!
Want free tips and resources sent to your inbox once a week? Subscribe to my newsletter! You can also...
♻️ Check out my blog
♻️ Follow me on facebook
♻️ Follow me on instagram
♻️ Follow me on pinterest