If your Geometry class feels like a Zoo, then maybe you ought to join them! In this integrated geometry project, students will put their area and perimeter skills to the test! Focusing on unique shapes, regular polygons & apothems and irregular figures, students determine which exhibits fit which animals needs.
Middle School or High School students will get a kick out of this project which is designed to appeal to both demographics. Nonetheless there is a rigorous backbone to what on the surface may appear to just be oodles of fun.
In this product you will receive a 28 page PDF which includes:
3 different assignments, 1 project, and charts and necessary attachments
- In “Animal Wrangling” students will use area and perimeter skills to meet the different needs of different animals.
- In “Cage Match” students will determine the size of potential exhibits that which includes a basic shapes, regular polygons with apothems, and irregular figures. Which animal best fits in each exhibit? They will calculate and figure it out!
- In “Design a Zoo” students will dive in completely where they will work with a budget of $2,000,000 to select animals and build appropriate exhibits. A little algebra required.
- In "Zoo: Year 1" students will calculate how their choices led to profit. Tally up the student who has the most cash on hand to figure out a winner!
This product is included in the following discounted bundles. SAVE $$$!
• 21st Century Math Projects -- All the Projects
• Pre-Algebra Projects Starter Bundle
• Geometry Projects Starter Bundle
Need an Entire Curriculum?
• 21st Century Pre-Algebra –- the Entire Curriculum
• 21st Century Geometry –- the Entire Curriculum
And join our community where I post ideas, anecdotes, elaborations & every once in a while I pass out TPT gift cards! And jokes! I do jokes too!
21st Century Math Projects Facebook Page