Design an Efficient House - Renewable Energy Project - With Google Classroom
- Google Drive™ folder
What educators are saying
Now includes a Google Classroom version, perfect for distance learning!
Great for Earth Day or as an end of the year project!
In this problem-based learning activity, students will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of renewable energy sources by designing their own EcoHouse. Students are provided with an invitation to become citizens of Energize City, which requires that they design a home with requirements related to energy efficiency, sustainability, and alternative energy. This activity works well as a form of alternative assessment or a fun way to sum up a unit on renewable energy sources.
This project lesson plan includes:
- Forms for students to fill out to describe the eco-friendly components of their home.
- Two versions of the form to differentiate for different levels of students.
- A rubric for each version.
- A resources page with links to helpful instructional videos and online games.
- Student examples.
- Google Slides version of both forms.