Design and Innovation Book Chat
The design and innovation book chat cards are designed to support younger readers think and reflect critically on ideas present or absent from a text about the perceptions or ideas people have about mistakes, creativity, innovation and problem solving.
Included in this resource are
• 24 Book Chat Cards (6 conceptual understanding cards, 6 attitude cards, 6 action cards, 6 researcher cards)
• Recommended texts to prompt discussion or thinking
This activity can act as a transdisciplinary tool linking STEAM ideas with literacy skills and problem solving strategies. It can be used to support project based learning, iTime projects or thinking connected to makerspace projects.
Some example questions include
• How can authors use real life experiences to innovate and create interesting texts?
• What problem solving and creative thinking skills shared in this book could you use in real life?
• How might reading this book have you thinking about the different attitudes people use when creating or innovating?
• What is a different message that a text like this could share about problem solving?