This STEM project's objective is for students to design and build an elf trap using simple machines using found or re-purposed items.
You could treat this as a literacy-enhanced STEM lesson by incorporating it with "The Elves and the Shoemaker," to develop the purpose of the trap. Or, you could also incorporate it as a Christmas activity.
Designing and Building an Elf Trap STEM project teacher directions
Designing and Building an Elf Trap STEM project student directions sheet
Designing and Building an Elf Trap STEM project simple machines reference sheet (color and black/white)
Designing and Building an Elf Trap STEM project information display sheets (can be glued into a file folder or on a poser board to display with the project).
Designing and Building an Elf Trap STEM project grading rubric sheet (2 per page)
If you are interested in other Christmas or winter themed products, you will be interested in:
THE GIFT OF THE MAGI TEXT AND VIDEO ANALYSIS, COMPARISON, AND WRITING ACTIVITY
If you are interested in other holiday themed products, you will be interested in:
- THE BEST CHRISTMAS PAGEANT EVER LITERACY AND WRITING PACK
- DESIGNING AND CRAFTING A POP UP HOLIDAY CARD STEM PROJECT CHALLENGE
- AN OTIS CHRISTMAS LITERACY AND WRITING ACTIVITY PACK
- DESIGNING AND BUILDING A GINGERBREAD MAN TRAP STEM PROJECT
- DESIGNING AND BUILDING AN INTERACTIVE HOLIDAY DECORATION STEM PROJECT
- TURKEY CLAUS LITERACY, WRITING, AND CRAFTIVITY PACK
- TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS LITERATURE PAMPHLET ACTIVITY FOLDABLE
- THE MITTEN LITERACY, MATH, SCIENCE, WRITING, AND DRAMA MEGA PACK
- THE MITTEN MATH AND SCIENCE PACK
- THE GINGERBREAD PIRATES LITERACY, WRITING, CRAFTIVITY, DRAMA, AND STEM ACTIVITY PACK