This year I decided not to buy desktop helper name tags. I don't want my students to become dependent on them, especially with the multiplication grid.
When I saw the square adhesive pockets at the Target Dollar Spot, I knew that was the answer! Now I can switch out the skills that we are currently working on with skills my students have mastered. With these pockets I can cover more skills than are on those name tags.
This system also allows me to differentiate the kind of scaffolding each student needs. I always have a few kids that can benefit from a 100s chart on their desk, but not every student needs that. If a student has mastered all of their multiplication facts, they don't need a chart taking up precious space on their desk.
Each student will have their own little stack of different skills that are appropriate for their learning needs. When testing rolls around, students just have to take everything out of their pocket! No more covering up name tags and resources taped to their desks!
I plan on adding more skills to this resource throughout the year, so buy now before the price increases. Please let me know if there are any skills you would like to see in this file and I will see what I can do!
All cards come in color and black & white.
• Parts of Speech
• Evidence Terms
• Alphabet in Print (Manuscript)
• Alphabet in Cursive (Zaner-Bloser)
• Figurative Language
• Mathematical Practices (actual language)
• Mathematical Practices (kid friendly language)
• Place Value to the millions with decimals
• Place Value to the millions without decimals
• Place Value to the billions without decimals
• 2-D Shapes
• 3-D Shapes
• Fraction Bars (2 options)
• Fraction Circles (2 options)
• 100 Chart
• Rounding Rules
• Rounding Chart
• Multiplication Grid
• Data Analysis Terms
• Types of Numbers (Prime, Composite)
• Number Forms
• Key Words for Each Operation
• Area & Perimeter
• Geometry Formulas (Area, Perimeter, Volume)
• Math Symbols
• Properties of Multiplication
• Angles & Lines
• Degrees of Angles
• Metric Measurement Benchmarks (Weight & Liquid Volume/Capacity)
• Metric Measurement Conversions
• Customary Measurement Conversions
• Order of Operations
• Time Measurements
• Telling Time
Don't have square adhesive pockets? No worries! Print out the card you need and tape it to your students' desks or put the cards on a ring for students to access at their seat when needed.