Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
10.37 MB | 3 pages
Ready to have your students achieve a deeper and more structured view of thermodynamics that will improve their understanding and their ability to elaborate and apply the subject? Want a one-page organized presentation of each of the major units of thermodynamics that students can use to study for tests, and supplement their notes and reading? Want a compact tool that you, as physics teacher, can employ for creating lessons and assessments and to improve your holistic understanding of the subject?
This group of three detailed concept maps from noted physics instructor and author, Dr. Norman J. LaFave, represents the three basic units of the subject of thermodynamics (heat, temperature, and matter; heat transfer; thermodynamic processes) organized by:
- Concepts and definitions with symbols and SI units
- Principles and equations with important notes on subtle
- Tables of relevant data and constants
- Problem solving processes
- Important mathematical structures, including optional calculus
expressions in red boxes
- Important example solutions
- List of common student misconceptions
- Links to simulation applets
- Laboratories and landmark experiments
Each of these subtopics are connected by relationship arrows to delineate connections and causal relationships that display the holistic structure of the subject.
The files are delivered to you as a zip file containing the concept map as an html file (with support files) with active hyperlinks and as a static jpg image.
This product is one of six concept map packages covering all of the basic units of introductory physics. These packages may be employed for introductory, honors, AP, and college physics courses.