This resource is designed to support the reading comprehension of Julia Donaldson's picture book, "Detective Dog". You will need a copy of the picture book to make best use of this resource.
This 65 page resource is the first in my new Story Sleuths series. The resource includes higher order reading comprehension activities based on the picture book:
- Interactive notebook pages for retelling, summarising, vocabulary, and ABC Order
- Four rhyming words games
- Problem/Solution top level structure
- Character traits
- de Bono's six thinking hats
- Matching adjectives and nouns
- Story mapping - mapping events in the story, drawing maps, cutting and pasting the order of events in finding the Book Thief
- Graphic organisers for listing favourite/favorite books and the reasons why
- Handwriting activities based on the letter "d"
- Bookmarks to support and promote reading.
The resource includes both U.K./Australian spelling and U.S. Spelling. Please click on the green "Preview" tab above for a brief sampling of this resource.
You may be interested in my other resources for detectives titles, including:
My best-selling resource, "Detectives 4H Here, Hidden, Head and Heart Reading Comprehension Strategies"
"Tough Cookie" - Idiom Matching Card Game
All resources are for personal/classroom use only and are not to be distributed further. No sharing of this resource is permitted through email, photocopying, internet groups/blogs, offline groups, school district or regional websites/servers, discussion lists, school websites/servers, or personal blogs and websites etc.
Multiple licenses are available for half price, which is a terrific saving if teaching colleagues order multiple copies together – full price for the original and then half price for any additional copies purchased.
Many thanks for your support of my TPT store:) Make sure you are following for updates as new detectives/crime/spy resources are added to my new Story Sleuths series.
You can find or follow me here: