Also included in
- Do you need reading review activities that are not passages or task cards? These reading activity flipbooks are a perfect break from normal reading practice.Now includes a Google Classroom™ version for digital distance learning or digital reading practice!This bundle includes NINE reading flipbooks$13.50$27.00Save $13.50
Are you looking for a way to review theme with your students? Or a new resource to guide your teaching of theme? This flipbook for identifying theme is perfect for that!
Now includes a Google Classroom version for digital distance learning or digital reading practice!
This reading activity is a flipbook for teaching and practicing determining the theme of literature.
The theme review flipbook contains a page for each of the following:
- What Is Theme? – Provides a definition of theme
- Common Themes – Provides a list of common themes found in literature
- Determining Theme – Helpful information for the students to use to determine theme
- What Is the Theme? - The last three flaps contain stories for the students to read and determine possible themes. They will write the possible themes (using the “Common Themes” flap if needed) and their evidence on the back of the flaps.
For the printable version, the students will cut out each piece of the flipbook (seven total pieces) and assemble it as shown in the PDF resource.
I have included two printable versions of this flipbook. Version A has all seven pieces on three pages. Each student gets three pages. The other version would allow the teacher to print the sections on different colored paper.
The digital theme flipbook is available for Google Classroom! No cutting or stapling required. There are also a few interactive elements included!
- Reading Review Flipbooks for Literature and Informational Texts
- Point of View Flipbook
- Main Idea and Supporting Details Flipbook
- Making Inferences Flipbook
The possibilities for use of this resources are numerous. Here are a few ideas:
•Mini Check Ins or Assessments
*Technology Reading Center - Using the Google Classroom Version.
*Distance Learning - Using the Google Classroom Version
Need More Theme Resources?