In this playlist, students explore standard RL.4.2. They will determine the theme of a story, drama, or poem using details in the text. Students look at examples of stories and ask questions to help determine the theme. Students also have the option to view instructional videos and complete practice quizzes or activities.
The playlist includes:
• 4 links to instructional videos or texts
• 1 link to practice quizzes or activities
• 1 assessment that includes five multiple choice questions
• Definitions of key terms, such as theme and inference
• Excerpts from several texts, including Grimm Brothers, "Hansel and Gretel"
Accompanying Teaching Notes include:
• Additional activities and writing prompts to help your students explore the standard
• Links to additional practice quizzes or activities
• An answer guide with correct answers, answer choice rationales, and DOK levels