***Updated HyperDoc Inspectah Deck Activity + Access to Hip Hop Lit Unit
Task Summary: Students will learn about tone, word choice, and be introduced to various elements of poetry by deconstructing Inspectah Deck's verse On Wu-Tang Clan's "Triumph." Students will watch, Inspectah Deck’s Verse via YouTube. Students will also answer several scripted questions located, below. Students may also be given the option to participate in an LOQ Discussion (Bloom’s Taxonomy) based on the aforementioned lyrical verse. LOQ Discussion is up to the teacher’s discretion.
Activity Enrichment Opportunity: Elements of Hip Hop Unit (Access included)
- 10.R.RL.04 - I can determine how words and phrases affect the meaning and tone of a text.
- Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, and connotative meanings; analyze the cumulative impact of specific word choices on meaning and tone (e.g., how the language evokes a sense of time and place; how it sets a formal or informal tone).
- Essential Questions: What is word choice? What is tone? How does word choice affect the meaning and tone of a text?
- Big Ideas: Authors use specific words and phrases to affect the meaning and tone of a text. Words can have figurative and connotative meanings.
* Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.