***Updated HyperDoc w/ Tupac Shakur Activity + Access to Hip Hop Lit Unit (12/10/17)
***Document best accessed via Google Drive in a Google Doc. Hyperdoc has multiple hyperlinks that gives access to lesson plans, various edu resources, and misc videos to help facilitate the unit based on Hip Hop...
***Students will participate in an activity centered around Tupac Shakur's poem, In the Event of My Demise. Students will watch a short media clip via Biography to gain background knowledge on the subject. Students will then participate by answering specific questions. More details are in the document...
- 10.R.RL.04 - I can determine how words and phrases affect the meaning and tone of a text.
- Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, and connotative meanings; analyze the cumulative impact of specific word choices on meaning and tone (e.g., how the language evokes a sense of time and place; how it sets a formal or informal tone).
- Essential Questions: What is word choice? What is tone? How does word choice affect the meaning and tone of a text?
- Big Ideas: Authors use specific words and phrases to affect the meaning and tone of a text. Words can have figurative and connotative meanings.
* Please email me at email@example.com if you have any questions.