Developing a Fine Motor Program for Classroom or Therapy - Article by Jan McCleskey, MA, OTR
This is an article for teachers or for occupational therapists, to teach how to develop a program for classroom or therapy for fine motor skills. Perfect for a training inservice for staff.
Contents of training article:
• Developmental fine motor skills (preschool – 1st grade)
• Typical and atypical grasp patterns
• Research on development of grasp patterns
• TIP grip protocol for developing grasp
• Coloring labs
• Tongs labs
• Scissors labs
• Preschool– Kactivities:
• Wake up hands
• Strong hands
• Smart hands
Become a follower of The Fine Motor Store for news of sales, freebies and new products:
• Click on the green star next to The Fine Motor Store logo. You will receive email updates about this store!
Earn TPT credit toward future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page. Simply click on the Provide Feedback button to give a quick rating and short comment for your purchases. You earn TPT credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I always read and appreciate customer feedback!
My Teacher's Pay Teachers store:
THANK YOU for visiting The Fine Motor Store! Over 250 products for fine motor skills and handwriting.