Developmental Psychology is the study of how people grow and change. These changes traditionally looked at how people's thoughts, feelings, behaviors and physical bodies changed and grew in childhood and adolescence. For a very long time, experts thought that development only happened up to a certain point. This set will help you accomplish the major goals related to the lesson planning in Developmental Psychology topics. You can use it as a note taking system, as a reinforcement activity, as a review activity or to discussion aid. Choose from 38 activities. No matter how you decide to use it it, this will be a great resource!
Some of the possible learning objectives:
1. Differentiate nature versus nurture and how they influence gender differences.
2. Identify who Sigmund Freud was and what his psychoanalytic theory was.
3. Define the three levels of consciousness
4. Describe the Id, Superego and Ego.
5. Identify the two types of instincts, according to Freud.
6. Discuss Freud's theory of psychosexual development.
7. Compare and contrast Freud's psychosexual theory and Erikson's psychosocial theory.
8. Name and describe the stages of development in each of these theories.
9. Identify and paraphrase the assumptions of Piaget's theory of cognitive development.
10. Summarize what happens during each of the three stages of prenatal development.
11. Identify when the germinal period begins.
12. List the three germ layers that form during the embryonic period and identify what each ultimately develops into.
13. Describe the most notable change that occurs during the fetal period.
14. Summarize Vygotsky's cultural-historical theory of cognitive development.
15. Paraphrase the theory's six assumptions
16. Name and describe Vygotsky's four stages of speech development.
17. Compare and contrast the psychoanalytic, social learning and attachment 18. theories of social development.
19. Identify the psychosexual stages of psychoanalytic theory.
20. Identify the changes in the self-concept of a teenager.
21. Detail the four stages of identity status
22. Identify the major changes in the middle adulthood development.
23. Identify the major changes in the old age development.
24. Identify Elisabeth Kübler-Ross and her seminal work On Death and Dying.
25. Explain the five stages of death that she proposed.
And many more learning outcomes with this awesome activity set.
In COLOR and in B&W for low cost printing.
Don't forget your feedback!! Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
How to get TpT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your -My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.