The following is a 75 minute, common core-based lesson/worksheet on the development of limited monarchy in England and the Glorious Revolution. This worksheet is loaded with a variety of student-centered activities designed to promote active engagement and critical thinking. Several activities include:
• Do now – primary source reading/questions on the Magna Carta that appropriately sets up the lesson.
• Secondary source readings on several English Monarchs including James I, Charles I, Charles II, and James II. – Includes several questions.
• Brief play on the Trial of King Charles I – includes several questions
• Primary source analysis activity – English Bill of Rights – individually, in pairs, or small groups – includes several questions.
• Numerous opportunities for discussion.
• Fill-in-the-blank notes (answers included)
This worksheet can easily be modified to fit a longer or shorter class period. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Please follow me to receive notifications about newly uploaded products. Finally, please rate this worksheet. Thanks!