Can your students use the Dewey Decimal System to find what they need in your library media center? This elementary library center offers some practical help! Students will work in small groups to look at a pretend book cover, read its title, look at its illustration, and try to determine the book's topic. Then, they'll decide which Dewey number category the book belongs to when it is put on the shelf. This resource includes a fiction/nonfiction sort for younger students and an extension activity for the older students as well.
Please note... this lesson and it's game pieces are formatted as a PowerPoint presentation that has been secured as a PDF. This means it will scroll rather than "click" as you look through it. :) I hope your kids enjoy it!
Follow That Library Girl to hear about new resources, freebies, and sales!
- Login to TpT and click your username at the top.
- Find the “BUY” heading and click on your “MY PURCHASES” link.
- Under each purchase listing, find the “PROVIDE FEEDBACK” link.
- Click through the rating buttons and leave a quick, helpful comment.
- Each time you leave feedback, you'll earn one TpT credit.
- Earning 20 credits rolls over into a $1 credit to spend in any TpT store!
Thank you for taking time to offer resource feedback! I appreciate it so much! :)