Dia de San Valentin is a full mini unit on how Valentines Day is spent in Hispanic countries. Every activity can be customized because I know every teacher likes to put their own spin on things! This is a zipped file with 4 documents.
1. Dia de San Valentin PowerPoint- engages your students while you guide them along the way through out various Hispanic countries. It is concise and fun! The PowerPoint also comes in Spanish. Idea: teach using the Spanish version first and then use the English version to help your students realize that they understood more than they thought!
2. San Valentin Activites- these activities will have your students engaged in the culture just like a native! There are 11 pages of activities and handouts for your student to learn from. Idea: Print the pages out in booklet form!
-Word search to introduce the lesson and have your students taking charge of their learning.
- Describing people using adjectives
-Drawing activity using previous descriptions
-Paragraph writing to put together what they have learned
-Adjectives list handout
-Bingo game that lets them choose what words go in the boxes
- Note taker handout that goes with the PowerPoint (also comes in Spanish!)
-Amigo secreto writing activitiy (this is my student's favorite) Idea: let them draw the name of someone in the class and you can give the letter who it belongs to so they can read and guess who their amigo secreto is (they will have to not sign the letter, obviously). This activity has also been extended for a higher level Spanish class on the instructions sheet.
3. KWL sheet for your students to turn in as an exit slip. (Great for use with ANY lesson!)
4. Dia de San Valentin vocabulary list- I used this for the Bingo game (along with the adjectives list) I just separated it in case you wanted to do something different with it like a word wall or something. Idea: give each student a word or phrase and have them draw it and use it for the word wall!