Students get to be angry turkeys on a rampage in this Thanksgiving Spanish vocab game!
Students are given their "turkey identity" and pair up to read their mini-biography in relatively easy beginner's Spanish.
The teacher calls out a vocab word, and the first student in the pair to point to the appropriate picture on their game board wins the point. Winners write the word in their "Enemigos Vencidos" box, and losers write the words 3x in their "Fugiados" box. At the end of class, students write the words that they have trouble with in the "Mas Buscadas" or "Most Wanted" box.
Turkey Biographies (Answer Sheets)
- 6 answer sheets with their own turkey identity and mini-biography to read in Spanish
- 20 posters of Thanksgiving vocab words / pictures
- 11 slides introducing the storyline and explaining the rules
- includes a link to a cool infographic with different words for "turkey" throughout the Spanish-speaking world
(the turkey "names" in the biographies are just these alternative words for turkey!)
- 5 different game boards, play with Thanksgiving vocab exclusively, or choose the review of family member vocab and/or age