Día de los Muertos Day of the Dead & Mexico Novice Spanish Reading Comprehension
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Learn about The Day of the Dead or Día de Muertos in Spanish class while staying in Spanish. This Spanish Día de muertos Activity Bundle could be differentiated for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, or Exploratory Spanish to learn about this Mexican celebration of The Day of the Dead. This would be aPrice $12.99Original Price $14.49Save $1.50
- This is a middle school Spanish bundle of resources to use in a novice Spanish class. Present Tense Spanish Mega Bundle would be perfect for Spanish 1, middle school Spanish, or exploratory Spanish. Try out some comprehensible input with ready-to-go, teacher-tested units focusing on Spanish Super 7Price $74.99Original Price $95.89Save $20.90
- This is a middle school Spanish or high school Spanish culture holiday bundle of cultural resources to use in a novice Spanish class. This Hispanic culture holiday bundle would be perfect for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, middle school Spanish, or exploratory Spanish. Celebrate the diverse cultures of the SPrice $65.99Original Price $88.37Save $22.38
This Spanish cultural reading was designed for NOVICE Spanish students to give them a basic overview of Mexico while staying in Spanish. This Spanish reading comprehension includes sections in Spanish on Geography, Culture & the Day of the Dead / el día de los muertos.
This Día de Muertos reading would be perfect for novice Spanish students who are about to read the novel Tumba by Mira Canion. This Spanish reading comprehension activity is also a good introduction to the films the Book of Life or Coco in Spanish class.
⭐️ For the best deal get this resource as a part of the Day of the Dead Bundle ⭐️
- ✅ 2 Page Front/Back PDF Day of the Dead worksheet to print
- ✅ 2 page Google Slides & 2 pages EASEL digital option (with self checking)
- ✅ novice-level readings about Mexico & Día de muertos in SPANISH
- ✅ 3 paragraphs - 1 each for Geography, Culture of Mexico & Day of the Dead
- ✅ true/false questions in Spanish
- ✅ vocabulary matching for Spanish reading comprehension
- ✅ writing expansion questions in Spanish
- ✅ Answer Key for the questions page
How could you use this basic Spanish Reading about Mexico?
- ⭐ Introduce novice students to the Día de Muertos while staying in Spanish
- ⭐ Introduce the novel Tumba, or The Book of Life, or Coco
- ⭐ Learn about the culture and geography of Mexico in Spanish class
- ⭐ Perfect one-day sub-plan for novice Spanish 1 or Spanish 2
For in-class completion on paper of this Day of the Dead worksheet
- ✅ Print the documents 2 sided - reading on 1 side & activities on the other
- ✅ Let students work alone or in pairs to read and complete the activities
- ✅ Read to the class & discuss in Spanish as a class
For digital completion for paperless classrooms or hybrid or virtual learning
- ✅ DIGITAL OPTION 1 - Make a copy of the Google Slides Activity as included in the instructions (if you have trouble make a copy with a non-school email)
- ✅ Assign the activity on Google Classroom as an assignment & click make a copy for students. This could also be done on another LMS by instructing students to make a copy of the resource and editing their own version.
- ✅ Discuss in Spanish as a class
- ✅ DIGITAL OPTION 2 - Use the TPT Digital EASEL activity. Click the EASEL activity and digitally assign it directly to your students via the TPT EASEL add-on.
- ✅ Discuss in Spanish as a class
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great resource to share Dia de Los Muertos with students. It was easy for the students to follow and enjoyable for them to complete. Thank you.— Militza R.
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I used this as an introductory reading before the novel Tumba. It provided culture and information in Spanish that prepped students for the book. I will be using again. - Laura O
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great product! The graphics make this look like a magazine article--very appealing, and a high-interest topic. Thanks! - Carla H
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I really loved this reading activity. It kept students engaged and was a perfect level for my Spanish I class. - Kate A
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I LOVE using this resource right before I introduce the novel Tumba with my Spanish 2's! Fantastic resource.— Michelle C.
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great resource! I ended up using it as a sub plan! Thanks! - Rachael M
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I have used this as an extra activity after introducing the "day of the dead" theme to practice reading and comprehension in the target language. Gracias— Helena W.
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great resources for a quick lesson on Día de los Muertos! - Nathanael B.
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpretive Communication - Reading
- ✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
- ✅ Cultural Comparisons
Bundle up for the best deals possible!
⭐Get the Day of the Dead Bundle for the best deal on all of my Día de Muertos resources all together including this reading plus Find Someone Who - Day of the Dead, Para Empezar - Day of the Dead, Mexico & Day of the Dead Reading, Coco Movie Guide & Book of Life Movie Guide.
Have difficulty with a file?
- You will download a PDF of the instructions. There are editable Google resources linked in the INSTRUCTIONS download. If your school email blocks you from making a copy, you might need to open it using a personal Gmail.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- For more resources for Day of the Dead check out my blog Mis Clases Locas
- Sign up for my mailing list to get resources & inspiration delivered to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.