In this science station, students create a diagram a flower and the structures it uses for pollination . Students then answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned. The Diagram Science station is part of the How Plants Grow & Reproduce - Green & Growing Science Stations.
This station is also available in a larger bundle of 8 stations at a discount of 35%. Instead of paying $2.59, you only pay $1.50 per station for 8 stations on How Plants Grow & Reproduce - Green & Growing Science Stations.
Included are direction sheets, student reading text in three formats, activity sheets, differentiated response forms including short answer, fill-in-the-blank, cut and paste, and task cards, and an answer key.
Green & Growing Stations Include
► Big Idea Posters
that explain the core ideas of the stations.
► Vocabulary Cards
in two formats with and without pictures.
- Students watch a video in order to learn about how the parts of the plant help the plant to live or about pollination and pollinator. They answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
- Students play a game in order to learn about what plants need to grow or to learn about parts of plants and what they need to grow. They answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
- Students read about plant reproduction and pollination. They pretend they are bees pollinating flowers in order to investigate this. They answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
- Students read about flower structure and function. They create a diagram of a flower and answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
► Read a Passage
- Students read about what plants need to grow. They answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
- Students read about seed dispersal and model this with an activity. They answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
Students read about seed dispersal and look at different seeds in order to explore this. They answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
-Students read about plants. They sort food we eat into plant part categories. They then answer questions in order to reinforce what they have learned.
Each station includes four different ways to respond to the experience at the station: short answer questions, fill-in-the-blank questions, task cards with short answers, task cards with multiple choice. All the variations are similar to one another. Choose the format that best fits your classroom and students. Students are encouraged to use their science journal, but worksheets are included as well.
Each station is designed to last about 15-20 minutes. Students may do one a day for 8 days, 2 a day for four days, or any format that works for your classroom. Because there are additional activities for the Watch and Play stations, you can offer those as a choice within that station or offer them as an early finisher station, as well.
In Second Grade, students are expected to demonstrate understanding
in the following areas:
• 2-LS2-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to determine if plants need sunlight and water to grow.
• 2-LS2-2. Develop a simple model that mimics the function of an animal in dispersing seeds or pollinating plants.
This correlates with the DCI 2-LS2.A, which states:
• Plants depend on water and light to grow. (2-LS2-1)
• Plants depend on animals for pollination or to move their seeds around. (2-LS2-2)
The Investigate, Diagram, and Explore stations correlate with the Engineering Design DCI ETS1.B
, which states:
• Designs can be conveyed through sketches, drawings, or physical models. These representations are useful in communicating ideas for a problem’s solutions to other people. (K-2-ETS1-2)
The Crosscutting Concepts are met in the following ways:
• Cause and Effect: Events have causes that generate observable patterns. (2-LS2-1) This Concept is met in each station.
• Structure and Function: The shape and stability of structures of natural and designed objects are related to their function(s). (2-LS2-2) This Concept is met in each station.
See the preview for additional information and details.
Connect with What I Have Learned
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
Follow me at my BLOG
Sign up for my newsletter NEWSLETTER
Copyright © Jessica Boschen. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.