PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Diary of Anne Frank Play DIGITAL Packet is an attractively-designed ready-to-use paperless resource based on the play by Frances Goodrich and Albert Hackett. It is aligned with the Common Core Standards, most specifically RL8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, and W.8.1, 8.2, 8.3.:
--analysis through citing textual evidence; drawing inferences
--theme/central idea; summarizing
--determining word meanings; connotation
--analyzing differences in points of view
--writing arguments, explanatory text, and narratives
**NOTE: This resource is for use with Google Drive. You can view the PAPER version of this resource by clicking this title: Diary of Anne Frank Play Complete Packet
Easy step-by-step directions are provided for use with Google Drive.
In the download, you will have a PDF with:
--links that allows you to access every part of the resource
--instructions for uploading and using the resource with students
CONTENTS OF THIS DIGITAL RESOURCE:
1. SCENE-BY-SCENE RESPONSE SLIDES - Prompts are presented regarding setting and characterization, characters' point of view, conflict, important quotations, theme, word connotation, summarizing, cause and effect, contrasting points of view, and dramatic irony. The slides are attractively designed with text boxes that students type into. Students enjoy working on these with a partner or in small groups (it's a great way to get kids talking about what they've read), or they can be worked on independently. (23 slides)
2. A PRE-READING chart where students access their prior knowledge regarding the historical times (Hitler's motivation, Jews going into hiding, etc.) to facilitate small-group and whole-class discussion
3. SETTING AND HISTORICAL BACKGROUND - Students choose from 27 words and phrases in a word box to fill in sentences (cloze style) that tell the setting and historical background that brought the Franks to the secret annex in Amsterdam
4. 4 "CHARACTERS' POINT OF VIEW" slides where students write short diary entries based on 4 major events in the play (provided) from the points of view of 2 different characters. For example, the first event is: Mr. Dussel arrives at the secret annex. Students write a short entry from the point of view of Mr. Frank, and then one from the point of view of Mr. Van Daan! (we enjoy sharing some of these aloud)
5. A CHARACTER TRAITS AND EVIDENCE CHART where each character is listed and students make text-based inferences to decide on personality traits with specific evidence from the play
6. 8 VOCABULARY SLIDES focus on 20 words from the play. Taking 5 words at a time, students look up definitions, fit the words in sentences that are provided, and import visuals to represent the meanings of two words they choose.
7. 6 WRITING TOPICS slides where students are provided with 6 DIFFERENT CHOICES, 3 are literary and 3 are creative. Students pick one topic from each category and complete the writing process for this relatively short culminating writing assignment. Includes optional WRITING TOPICS RUBRIC for grading.
8. TWO TESTS - A 30-question TEST on Act I and a 30-question TEST on Act II created in Google Forms.
9. ANSWER KEYS - for the Scene-by-Scene Response Slides, Setting and Historical Background slides, Vocabulary slides, and both Tests.
This product is definitely ready to use with students the minute you download it. If you are looking for high-quality, standards-based digital materials to keep your students on track and engaged with the key ideas as they read, this product will take them all the way through the play and address a variety of skills.
Please open the PREVIEW!
Thanks! -- Joy
You might also like: