"Diary Of a Monarch Butterfly Student Book" is the perfect resource to integrate writing and Science curriculum for your students! A great follow up to reading some of the "Diary of a Worm" books by Doreen Cornin, it allows for students to apply the knowledge they have collected while studying Monarch Butterflies.
**I teach in Virginia and the rubric/assessment page include optional Virginia SOL Standards!**
Each download included a colored and black and white version of the following pages:
- Cover page with clip art images of the life cycle stages
- Cover page with blank boxes so students can draw the stages themselves
- Life Cycle Notes page with blank boxes
- Life Cycle Notes page with lined boxes
- Instruction page for students
- Stage pages for:
- Caterpillar and/or Larva
- Chrysallis and/or Pupa
- About the Author page for students to fill out about themselves
- Assessment Rubric set to a 1, 2, 3, 4 scale
- Assessment Rubric set to a 1, 2, 3, 4 scale with corresponding Virginia SOL Standards
28 of the 30 pages of the document are designed to be used in the classroom. (The other two pages are the product cover page/credits).
Happy researching and writing!