This fun writing activity will have students writing imaginative diary entries from the point of view of a turkey during the Thanksgiving season.
This activity includes success criteria, goal setting and reflection all while practicing the skill of narrative writing.
The rubric is aligned the Common Core, W3.3 but would be suitable for 2nd-4th. This packet is also great to leave for a sub and or use as a formative assessment. The packet includes the following:
1. Possible learning Targets
2. Mentor text suggestions
5. Story planner
6. A resource for student to use while writing that includes word banks and grammar rules
7. Pages to make a half page sized book
8. A rubric with goal setting and reflection components
9. A, "how to draw a turkey" page
Students will have fun and get some serious practice in!