Diary of a Wimpy Kid comic strip lesson. Ideal for a one or two lesson activity or part of a larger scheme of work. You do not need to be reading the book to do this lesson! All resources included.
Power Point (recommended over two lessons) includes:
• Post-it note starter activity providing discussion points.
• Full and detailed learning objectives instructing that students will sketch their own characters, plan their own scene and create engaging speech and storyline.
• Prompt for the teacher to read a selection of the book (in order to give students a model of what is expected.)
• Links to a video clip showing students how to draw some of the main characters (recommended space resource included).
• Prompts to plan their own scene (planning resource included).
• Lesson 2 link to video clip and continuation prompts to continue plan and then start the main comic strip.
(Credits: Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney.)