Dichotomous Keys - Classification Practice Activity.
Students practice using dichotomous keys by classifying imaginary creatures by their unique traits, then they put their practice to use by designing their own organisms and creating a dichotomous key to be tested by another classmate. This product is also found in our Life Science Curriculum Classification Unit Bundle
What students do:
* Practice creating a key by dividing imaginary creatures by their visible traits.
* Demonstrate their understanding by creating their own creatures with various traits and key to identify them.
* Pass the key off to another student to test the key for a self-assessing lesson!
Consider using this with some of our other products in our store:
- Classification Vocabulary Lesson
- Classification Task Cards
- Classification Cootie Catcher Study Tool
- Classification Interactive Notebook Six Kingdoms Puzzle
- Classification Word Wall
Click this link to find out how this lesson fits with your NGSS, TEKS or GSE Science Classroom
and let us know if we can help make our products better for you and your students.
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Classification: Incredulous Critters- A Dichotomous Key Adventure by © 2014 Getting Nerdy, LLC