Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.01 MB | 6 documents pages
Read “Meditations in Monmouth-street” by Charles Dickens from his collection of work known as Sketches by Boz with students grades 9-12. After analyzing the text as readers and as writers (looking for the “what” of the story, then the “how”) students will write their own sketch in the style of Dickens of their neighborhood or town.
• a lesson plan outlining the standards, objectives, materials, agenda, rationale, goal, topic, closing activity, & time;
• Background information powerpoint
• a printable copy of “Meditations in Monmouth-street”;
• a teacher’s copy of “Meditations in Monmouth-street” with some highlighted parts of the story suggested for discussion;
• Worksheet to help students read as readers & read as writers, making a place for them to make note of Dickens’ style for writing assignment;
• Printable directions for “Boz for a Day” writing assignment