Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.22 MB | 24 pages
In this playlist, students explore standard RI.9-10.4. They learn how to analyze how specific word choices impact meaning and tone of text. Students look at passage excerpts containing a variety of word choice and are guided through examples of how to analyze the impact of specific word choice on meaning and tone. Students apply what they learned by searching for a speech and looking at the word choice. Students also have the option to view instructional videos and complete practice quizzes or activities.
The playlist includes:
• Link to one practice quiz or activity
• Links to three instructional videos or texts
• Excerpt from the “Declaration of Sentiments”
• Excerpt from President George Washington’s “Farewell Address “
• Definitions of key terms, such as graphics and multimedia
• A self-check quiz consisting of informational passages, such as “Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death” by Patrick Henry, excerpt from “Alabama: Constitution of January 7, 1861,” and others, and five questions
Accompanying Teaching Notes include:
• Classroom activities and writing prompts
• Links to additional resources, such as lesson plans
• An accompanying answer guide with correct answers, answer choice rationales, and DOK levels