Students use dictionaries to find words using the clues. 2 different sheets provided. Provides opportunities for students to find multiple words that fit the clues. Great for dictionary practice and way more fun than dictionary races!
Here's one option for playing instead of using it as a worksheet.
1. Cut apart the task cards.
2. Glue or tape each card to a bag or envelope and place at a different table or area.
3. Groups of students rotate around to each bag or envelope.
4. As they find a word in the dictionary that fits the clues on the task card, they must write their word on a strip of paper and place it in the bag or envelope.
5. At the end of the activity, share some of the words that students found and discuss whether or not they fit the clues.
Graphics by www.mycutegraphics.com