This easy to use dictionary skills anchor charts and task card product is a fun way for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th graders to practice using the functional parts of a dictionary and the skills needed to use a dictionary. Each skill is described on anchor charts or instructional pages and includes guide words, phonetic spelling, parts of speech, syllabication, and definitions. Every component of dictionary skills and dictionary use are included in this product.
24 dictionary skills task cards require students to identify the word that shows up on a page between two guide words in the dictionary. The other 12 task cards ask students to use what they know about the parts of a dictionary to answer the questions. Answer sheets are included as well as answer keys.
Please check out my other task cards products and grammar products here:
TASK CARD PRODUCTS
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
MY TPT STORE
Kirsten has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.