Play the Classic Spot the Differences game in Spanish to practice pronunciation, vocabulary, prepositions of place, and the verbs ser, estar, haber, and tener. This version has a fun science theme.
Save over 30%
This resource is included in our buy two get one free Bundle.
Bundle Spanish Spot the Differences Game for Prepositions and Oral Proficiency
This resource includes full lesson plans and can be played in the following ways:
Version 1 CLASSIC GAME: Each pair of students gets copy A and Copy B of the picture. Students ask each other questions to find the 12-15 differences between the pictures. For example:
¿Hay un perro en el dibujo? ¿Esta el perro a la izquierda o a la derecha? Es un perro grande o pequeño? Etc.
Can also be played in the past tense by telling students the scene is something they saw last summer or yesterday. For example:
¿Había un perro en el dibujo? ¿Estaba el perro a la izquierda o a la derecha? Era un perro grande o pequeño? Etc.
Play a follow up game with the partially blank template. Students draw their own versions and play with another partner.
Version 2: RACE GAME: Hand out one copy of picture A to each group of three or four students. Project picture B on the board and have groups race to find the differences. The first team to write down 10 differences wins.
Version 3: DRAWING GAME: Half of the students are artists with their back to the board. Project the picture and have their partners describe it using the vocabulary.
This individual resource includes:
1. Drawing A and Drawing B pages. Each drawing has a vocabulary list and a useful list of prepositions of place. (2 pages)
2. A partially blank template so students can play again with their own drawings. Also includes the vocabulary list and prepositions. (1 page)
3. A second partially blank template so students can play again with their own drawings. Instead of the vocabulary list, this version has a lined writing section so students can describe their own drawings of a classmate's drawing.
3. Color PDF versions of Drawing A and Drawing B to project in class if desired. One slide has both pictures so the class can solve the puzzle together.
4. A Color PDF answer key that shows the differences between the drawings.
5. A Color PDF of the vocabulary list with enhanced fonts and graphics to be shown in class for pronunciation practice before playing.
6. Teacher instructions and tips on how to get the most out of the activity.
7. Links to two free Quizlet lists that match the worksheets: one for prepositions and one for the puzzle vocabulary.
8. Formatted Exit Slips with a Dictation exercise. Includes PDF answer slide.
Check out all of our BUNDLES!
Visit the Speak More Spanish Store
**Follow us for sales by clicking here and then clicking the green star under our store name at the top of the page.
We love hearing your comments on our products! Please consider leaving a rating if you download this resource. You will earn both TpT credit for paid resources and heaps of Good Karma!