Looking for a way to differentiate with your advanced learners? This has worked well with me. This can work at any grade level.
1. Give a pre-test for the chapter. Tell kids in advance that if they score a certain percentage on the test, they will be eligible to do an independent study project while other students work on the main assignments for the chapter.
2. Students develop three higher level questions they want answered about the information in the chapter and then research those questions and develop a project or presentation to display their learning.
Here is what is included:
1. Directions for student.
2. Contract of rules for the student to follow.
3. Grading rubric for project.
4. Daily log for students to keep track of what they are doing.
5. Sample project ideas.